Finding the most effective way to clean up your space is really a robust and extremely intimidating task. As space has consisted of different floorings and other accessories. Now there are various types of home cleaning options available in the market, including vacuum cleaners and traditional mop ones. Moreover, all these cleaning options require assistance from different hard and tough cleaning solutions. Which are not only harsh for the upholstery and furniture, extremely harmful for the health as well. Steam mops becoming the most advanced and popular way of home cleaning is one of the best things that happen in the last decade, as these are versatile, fast and extremely efficient and precise in what it does.
What Is Steam Mop Good For?
As it can be easily understood from the name itself, a steam mop is basically an appliance, which uses the power of steam to clean a particular space thoroughly. During cleaning time, the mop heats the water in the tank and turns them into powerful steam to further accentuate the cleaning process. An average steam cleaner consists of around 750 ml of a water reservoir, where water is boiled up to a temperature of 120 degrees to produce a sufficient amount of steam.
Steam has the most penetration ability among all the other types of cleaning methods; hence it can reach deep inside surfaces for thorough cleaning. So, the days of scrubbing your hands are gone, as steam can work over even the hardest of stains even without slightest scrubbing. All the steam mops also consist of a microfibre cloth, which efficiently catches all the dirt and grimes and other residues inside them, hence leading to a squeaky-clean surface, shining like a new penny.
What types of surfaces can easily be cleaned with steam mops?
Steam cleaning is one of the most versatile and multipurpose modes of cleaning. These specialized mops are equipped with all those essentials to clean various surfaces like linoleum flooring, carpet, wood, hardwood flooring, carpets, car floors, car upholstery and what not. Though some surfaces like carpets or car beds require some prior treatments for a more effective result, there is nothing better than steam mopping to clean any types of floorings. To increase the efficiency and versatility of the appliance some specialized steam mops are there.
Why do I need a Steam Cleaner?
As steam mops deal with clean water only, without any disinfectants and soaps and other types of cleaning solutions. These are incredibly safe for not only the environment but for the pets and humans, living in the house. Other than that, steam mops have a lot more advantages as well, which undoubtedly makes them one of the best in its tribe. Such a few advantages of steam mops are as follows:
- Unlike traditional mop and bucket, steam mops are also capable of sanitizing. You can easily clean a space thoroughly along with cleaning them to the cores. The steam used in those mops are at high temperature, they can easily kill all those different pathogens and microorganisms and dust mites.
- Steam cleaning methods are pretty efficient in terms of energy consumption as well.
- As steam cleaners do not require any assistance from harmful chemicals and other disinfectant solutions. These are extremely friendly to the environment as well.
- Steam cleaners are versatile and suitable for almost all types of flooring options.
- Unlike heavy-duty canister vacuum cleaners, steam cleaners do not possess a huge water tank or so, these are easy to store as well and do not take up a lot of space on the storage box too.
- Steam cleaners are extremely fast in their operation as well. It merely takes a few seconds to a few minutes on an average for a steam cleaner to heat up the tank full of water and start functioning. There are also some 2-in-1 steam cleaners available in the market, which enables the user to get the advantages of both stick and handheld steam cleaners.
- These steam mops proved to be cheaper and money-saving in the long run. As the periodic maintenance cost in these types of appliances is pretty less. And these do not cost a lot of money on the feature as well. Moreover, in the context of saving electricity and water, steam mops are also coming in leading positions among all the other cleaning methods.
Now, there are hundreds of different types of steam mops available in the market. Along with all those generic steam mops models, some manufacturers are there in the market. As the design and develop specific mop models for fulfilling particular purposes like cleaning carpets, etc. So, it is always a wise decision to know your necessity before going for a particular steam mop model.