Do you have furniture at home? Obviously, you do! Do me a favour and sit on it. I am sure you must have felt the soft cushion layer beneath you, that my dear reader is an upholstery. Upholstery in ‘layman’s terms’ can be defined as the soft cushion layer, the padding and layering that is provided in furniture. Not only furniture, but you will also find them in the seats of your car. Upholstery offers you lots of comforts and relieves you from back pain.
How To Clean Upholstery With A Steam Cleaner?
You can avoid all of this menace by opting for a straightforward situation. Get yourself an upholstery steam cleaner. What this miniature machine does is that they will heat the water stored in their tanks to an optimum temperature. This warm water will create steam that is emitted by the mouth of the steam cleaner into the upholstery. It will use this steam to sanitize as well as deep clean the upholstery. Don’t worry about any wet areas, as most upholstery steam Mop cleaners come equipped with a dryer that instantly blow-dries the area, and makes it suitable to be used instantly. Isn’t that amazing?
You can have a steam cleaner that can not only be used to clean the carpets and rugs of your home, the bedcovers and pillows but can also be used to clean upholstery in a very good way. Some of the upholstery steam cleaners also come equipped with fragrance oil. You can use different types of essences that you like, and the steam cleaner will leave a pleasant fragrance after every use of it. All you have to do is add a few drops of the fragrant oil in the water tank and it is good to go.
Tips To Clean Car Upholstery
Cleaning car upholstery can be a nightmare for many people that I personally know. But it is not that hard if you know exactly what you are doing. On the off chance that you do not have an upholstery steam cleaner, you can also clean your car upholstery with the help of a brush, some car cleaning detergent and a towel. But that may cost you more time and energy. Moving on, in this segment of the article, we will discuss with you some of the best tips and tricks towards cleaning your car upholstery in the best possible way.
- On the off chance that someone spilt some juice or coke in your car upholstery. Instead of going mad at them, take a deep breath and get some paint thinner. Test the paint thinner on some non-usable fabric and notice if it changes the colour of the fabric. In case they don’t, it is safe to consider the paint thinner to use. Just pour some thinner on the area with the hard stain, and rub them with a towel, you will start noticing the stain dissolving. You can spray your car with some fragrant oil later to get rid of the paint thinner smell.
- If you are a person who likes to use some car cleaning detergent, it is advisable to always test the product by spraying it on some fabric or cloth. As you never know, the kind of chemicals that may be present in it. Chemicals can cause your car upholstery to lose colour and even disfigure. So it is advisable to never spray cleaning chemicals directly on to the upholstery.
- Make sure that you use some fabric softener after it. Fabric softener keeps the upholstery soft and also retains the texture of the material by not hardening them and making them rough.
- Whenever you want to clean your car upholstery, start by first vacuuming the car and getting rid of all the extra dust and dirt from the car seats, and carpets. You can use a hard bristle brush to dust the carpet and vacuuming it again to get rid of the loose dust.
- There may be times when a child can be naughty and stick some bubble gum to your car seat. Instead of using iron directly on the spot, start by hardening the gum with some ice, to avoid further melting of it. As soon as it hardens, try to scratch the gum and get rid of as much of it as possible. Now use a towel, and place it on top of the gum. Iron and heat the gum to get rid of the remaining residue.
Steam Cleaning Upholstery Tips
Cleaning the upholstery of your home is very similar to clean car upholstery. Still, we are going to share some of the essential tips and tricks that will help you in getting the best results from your effort.
- Always start your upholstery cleaning to get rid of the extra dust and dirt stuck on the furniture.
- Next, use a brush to rub them gently, and lose the dust and dirt stuck on the upholstery. Repeat the above step after it.
- On the off chance, some stains look very hard to remove, spray them with some cleaning detergent and let them rest for a while, before using a steam cleaner on them.
- If it has been many days since you last cleaned your upholstery and they don’t look in a very good condition, you can use some soil emulsifiers. It will help you in getting rid of the extra dust and dirt which stuck deep in the upholstery.
- Always choose the right steam cleaner for your upholstery. Make sure that you pick a steam cleaner that is made to be used for cleaning fabrics. There are steam cleaners that are not so gentle on fabrics and on using them on upholstery it may result in the destruction of your fabric as well as the discolouration of your upholstery. So always be extra careful.
- Use fabric softener to retain the quality of your upholstery’s fabric after every cleaning session.